Tying A Bow Tie Is Not A Science
Sure, ties may be the standard and most people rock them, yet the bow tie is something that’ll help you stand out.
If you follow these really simple steps to tying a bow tie you can join the ranks of fashionable bow tie wearing champions, such as Doctor Who, James Bond, Frank Sinatra, Abe Lincoln and much of the cast of “Mad Men.”
So grab today by the nether region, proudly put on the iconic manly neck ribbon and take the world by storm, tear the club up or saunter down the boardwalk, whatever you’re (legally) into will be smiled upon by the gods of fashion.
Today will be your day unless of course you’re pairing up your bow tie with your birthday suit, then, please just stay at home. Just follow these six simple steps, and you will be a pro in no time!
1. Place the bow tie around your neck, situating it so that end “A” is about two inches longer than end “B”.
2. Cross end “A” over end “B”, so that you bring end “A” up and under the loop.
3. Now double end “B” over itself to form the front base loop of the bow tie.
4. Loop end “A” over the center of the loop you just formed.
5. Holding everything in place, double end “A” back on itself and poke it through the loop behind the bow tie.
6. Adjust the bow tie by tugging at the ends of it and straightening the center knot.
And that is how it is done! Simply keep practicing the Bow Tie Knot a few more times now to let your new knowledge sink in.