‘Die Hard’ Prequel Is Happening And Bruce Willis Says – ‘It’s A Really Cool Idea’

November 12, 2015


You are not a real man if you don’t know all “Die Hard” movies by heart. Well, at least the first 3 installments, anyway.

Click here to buy Die Hard: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray) on Amazon

Now, we learn some more dying hard is happening in the form of a prequel. Director Len Wiseman and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura recently announced that the beloved franchise is getting an origin story that will focus on the young John McClane, before we first met him back in 1988.

“A Really Tricky Idea”

Although the upcoming project caused a bit of a stir among the Die Hard fans, the main star behind the franchise, Bruce Willis, seems to be happy with the whole prequel thing.

In an interview he did recently for Entertainment Tonight, the actor said he was pretty enthusiastic about where the McClane story is headed.

“It’s a very good idea, a really tricky idea, and I’m very happy about it. It’s a really cool idea, because it’s the origin story. We’re going to bounce back and forth,” the star said in a statement.

Young McClane

As previously reported, Bruce Willis is looking to reprise his role as the present-day John McClane who will introduce us to the character of his young self – a beat cop working New York’s tough streets back in the 1790s.

Willis will also be producing the prequel.

As for who will get to play the young cop, the actor says: “We’re not there yet, but hopefully he’s got a hard head.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *