A Home Workout Done Right
That’s why many of us skip hitting the machines at our local gym, which will eventually prevent us from staying healthy and looking great.
But before you make peace with not having enough time for the gym, here are some efficient exercises you can do at your home.
Lunges are perfect for a home workout not only because they’re simple, but also because you don’t need any extra gear for them. Your floor will be the only object you’ll require for them.
Here are the steps:
- Start by standing up straight with your arms next to your body.
- Make a step with one leg without moving your arms, and lower your hips as low as you can.
- Contract your glutes and quads, and return to starting position.
- Switch legs and repeat.
As the oldest exercise in the book, the pushup is the most manly, efficient, and simple way of building your chest, shoulders, and arms. Another great thing about pushups is that you can basically invent a brand-new version of them, as long as they engage the aforementioned muscle groups.
Here is how to do a side-to-side pushup:
- With feet and hands on the floor at shoulder width, support your body in the air while keeping a straight form.
- Start lowering your torso to the left by bending your left arm at the elbow.
- Push yourself back up, and do the same on the other side.
Note: The side-to-side pushup is an advanced variation of the regular pushup, which is done by engaging both arms at the same time instead of one. We just wanted to include it here to show our readers how much variety pushups can have.